This Hummus recipe is so easy and it is a great source of plant-based protein!
Chickpeas is the main ingredient in hummus and they are so healthy for you as they are high in protein which makes you feel full after you eat some. They are also high in fiber, which causes you to have a healthier digestive system!
They also contain more than ten micronutrients including mineral copper which keeps your hair and skin healthy. Chickpeas are also high in antioxidants, which contributes to your overall health!
Now that you know how good chickpeas are for you, take 10 minutes and try out this recipe!
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 TBS tahini
- 1 Fresh Lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Drain, then pour the chickpeas into a food processor
- Peel and add garlic and tahini
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice and some olive oil.
- Season with a pinch of salt
- Pop on the lid, and spin.
- Scrape the Hummus off the sides of the bowl then spin again.
- Taste it, make sure it tastes delicious, then add more lemon/ a splash of water if you desire
- Transfer to a container and you got your own homemade hummus!
Simple, wasn’t it? You now have homemade hummus in your fridge ready to eat! Hummus can be served with some healthy bread, crackers, peppers, radishes, asparagus, lettuce, or even an apple.
We would love to hear from you! Go ahead and share your results on #ASAPRecipes